Building standards and requirements are set forth in the adopted building code and the Zoning Ordinance and the Subdivision Regulations of the City of Baneberry.
- Ordinance 211-5: Revised Subdivision Regulations of the City of Baneberry
- Ordinance 212-5: Revised Zoning Ordinance of the City of Baneberry
These and other adopted codes, references and ordinances apply to and set the standards for any work being conducted within the incorporated area of the City of Baneberry or its authorized area of planning jurisdiction.
The following codes apply, whether the work is new construction, renovation, addition, utility installation, removal, replacement or maintenance; road and/or roadside cutting, ditching, trenching, drilling, tunneling, or paving; new construction, renovation, demolition or removal; or sub-dividing, platting, etc.
The most current editions of the following references as adopted by Baneberry City ordinances apply:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- International Residential Code for 1- and 2- Family Dwellings (IRC)
- International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- International Fire Code (IFC)
- International Property Maintenance Code
- City Ordinance 215-9: Property Maintenance Regulations
- NFPA-1 Uniform Fire Code
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Better Site Design: A Handbook for Changing Development Rules in Your Community
Anyone who designs, executes, modifies, constructs and/or maintains any utility service; any storm water management or treatment system; any road, street, highway, avenue, boulevard, parkway, lane, or other way or any part thereof; any structure including but not limited to commercial buildings, public buildings, homes, accessory buildings, decks, patios, porches, swimming pools, driveways, sidewalks, bridges, culverts; or anyone who takes action that requires cutting, ditching, trenching, drilling, tunneling, or paving shall comply with the applicable code previously listed and shall use those portions of the Better Site Design Principles that best apply to their proposed project(s) and describe such selected design principles to the Baneberry Planning Commission and include same in all applicable plan and design documents.
All such work listed in the preceding paragraph requires permitting by the City of Baneberry. Contact the City Manager and City Building Official for additional information.