City-wide Garbage Pick-Up is provided by a private collector and paid for with tax dollars.
Garbage is picked up every Tuesday. Waste receptacles should be curbside by 7:00 AM.
- Residents must provide their own curbside garbage containers.
The City notifies residents by email, signage at City Hall and the mail center, and the City website of changes to the garbage pick-up dates due to National holidays or significant weather issues.
Effective 1 January 2016, the ONLY holidays that Waste Connections (Baneberry’s solid waste collection contractor) will be closed and not servicing its municipal customers will be on Thanksgiving and Christmas days. If one of those days falls on a weekend, there will be no service day change. If the holiday falls during the week, then service will be one day later. The contractor says this will be a permanent change for all future years.
Garbage collection may be disrupted due to weather or equipment difficulties. However, this is rare and the service provider collects garbage as soon as possible after such incidents.
Rather than calling the service provider, please call the City Hall to discuss or ask questions about garbage pickup.
City Manager: 865-674-0124
COUNTY GARBAGE DISPOSAL
The Jefferson County Sanitation Department operates the county landfill and nine waste disposal convenience centers for county residents. The Landfill and Convenience Centers operate through county taxes and commercial fees.
Landfill: 650 Grove Road, Dandridge, 865-397-3544, Fax-865-397-4257
- Dandridge Center-1011 J.C. Thomas Road, Dandridge; 865-356-6895
- White Pine Center-1376 Leadmine Road, White Pine; 865-719-7867
- New Market Center-1550 Quarry Road, New Market; 865-356-0495
- Deep Springs Road-1349 Deep Springs Road, Dandridge; 865-356-4081
- Strawberry Plains Center-869 Old Dandridge Pike, Strawberry Plains, 865-356-0958
- Old Landfill Center-330 Landfill Road, Jefferson City, 865-356-0949
- Indian Creek Center-1823 Indian Creek Road, Dandridge, 865-356-0969
- Dickey Road Center-2611 Dickey Road, Dandridge; 865-356-0956
- Rocktown Center-560 Rocktown Road, Jefferson City, 865-356-0371
The Landfill located on 650 Grove Road is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., closed Sunday and most major holiday.
All centers except for Old Landfill Center on Highway 92 are open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed Wednesday.
The Old Landfill Center is open Monday-Saturday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. All centers are closed on Sundays and most major holidays.
Center locations accept:
- Household bagged garbage
- Recycling- paper, cardboard, plastic, metal, aluminum and used oil
The landfill accepts:
- Household bagged garbage
- Demolition material
- Brush, leaves and small limbs. Stumps are not accepted.
- Dead animals for burial
- Tires are accepted but must be removed from rims. There is a $1.00 per tire disposal fee.
- used oil
There is a periodic hazardous household day for; household or farm chemicals, oil based paints and other hazardous materials, which is designated by the state and advertised through the radio, newspaper and flyers.
Commercial Service & Short Term Dumpster Rental:
Jefferson County Sanitation Department provides commercial waste disposal service to local restaurants, industries and businesses. The department provides six or eight yard dumpsters.
We offer weekly, bi-weekly and monthly pick-ups.
Jefferson County Sanitation Department also rents six, eight, and thirty yard dumpsters for construction or home clean-up projects.
Call 865-397-3544 Ext. 5 for more information and pricing.