Minutes of Baneberry City Commission Meeting
January 10, 2022, 5 PM
Baneberry City Hall
1. Call to Order: Mayor Hernandez called the meeting to order at 5 PM
A. The prayer was delivered by Tom Carter
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was conducted.
2. Roll Call: The Roll Call was done by City Manager Darrell Helton with all members present.
3. Approval of Minutes: The minutes of the meeting of Dec. 6, 2021, were approved upon a motion by Gary Zander and a second by Tom Carter and the vote was unanimous.
4. Citizen’s comments: None
5. Communications from Mayor: Mayor Hernandez mentioned that the city had sponsored a dinner/reception for law enforcement and first responders in December and would have another one this year.
6. Communications from City Commissioners: None
7. Communications from City Manager: Darrell Helton updated the commission on the six-month financials.
8. Reports from committees and other officials:
a. Fire Department: no report
b. Planning Commission: Planning Commission reviewed one fence application but needed more information before approval.
c. Parks and Recreation: No report
d. Road Commission: Gary Zander reported that Duracap had finished the project on Iron Gate and had approved the final payment to be released.
e. Codes Officer: no report
9. Old Business: None
10. New Business:
a. Ben Harris with Witt Utility District addressed the commission on the water line that will be put in along Harrison Ferry and other projects that Witt is currently conducting. Commission asked him to give a cost of installing fire hydrants in Baneberry and he is to report back to the city manager.
b. Resolution 2022-01 concerning declaring surplus property was approved upon a motion by Tom Carter and a second by Gary Zander and the vote was unanimous.
c. Ordinance 2022-01 was postponed for more information.
d. Ordinance 2022-02 was postponed for more information
11. Adjourn: The meeting was then adjourned at approximately 6 PM
Leave A Comment