Baneberry City Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
September 12, 2022, 4:30 p.m.
Baneberry City Hall
1. Call to Order: Tom Carter called the meeting to order at 4:32p.m.
2. Board Members: Chairman Tom Carter
Vice-Chair Karl Kammann
Mayor Donna Hernandez
3. Approval of Minutes: Karl Kammann made the motion to approve the August ist minutes. Seconded by Wade Nicely. Motion passed 7-0
4. Old Business: City Manager Dr. Nuzzi discussed the concerns and cost of sending a letter to all Baneberry property owners. MTAS advised sending letters only to property owners in violation.
5. New Business: Motion made by Karl Kammann to appoint George Davis as Secretary of the Planning Commission seconded by Mayor Hernandez. Motion passed unanimously
6. Citizen’s Comments: Shaun Harrington presented the Commission a new fence design picture for his property on West Atherton Lane. The new fence will require less materials, will not have any wire, and will be in the same location as the fence approved on July 11, 2022.
7. Adjourn: Motion made by Mayor Hernandez seconded by Wade Nicely at 4:48p.m.
Baneberry City Commission Meeting Minutes
September 12, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
Baneberry City Hall
1. Call to Order: Mayor Hernandez called the meeting to order at 5:05 PM
A. Prayer: Dr. Nuzzi delivered the prayer
B. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Board Members: Mayor Donna Hernandez
Vice Mayor Tom Carter
Commissioner Gary Zander
3. Approval of Agenda: Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the agenda. Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
4. Approval of Minutes: Vice Mayor Carter made the motion to approve the minutes. Seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0
5. Communication from the Mayor: Mayor Hernandez discussed the City Dog Park items needed to complete the park and a potential Grand Opening dates of October 22nd or 29th. The Mayor would like to move the Police Appreciation Dinner to January 13, 2023. Mayor Hernandez noted she would like to include all first responders.
6. Communication from the City Commissioners: Commissioner Zander reported that Harrison Ferry Rd is being paved, the cul-de-sacs on Carmel Court and East Atherton will be paved, Jim Wilson will be joining the Road Commission and Mr. Wilson stood up and introduced himself, work will begin on the culverts on Hazelwood Ct and Back Nine Dr and the City Manager is looking into a grant for paving.
7. Communication from the City Manager
8. Reports from committees
A. Fire Department: Commissioner Zander stated they have found several volunteers to join our Fire Department and we will be looking into training
B. Planning Commission: Vice Mayor Carter reported they appointed George Davis as the Secretary of Planning and noted the redesign plan of the Harrington fence on West Atherton Ln.
C. Parks and Recreation: Sept 27 meeting and Octoberfest is September 30th
D. Road Commission: Iron Gate Dr. will be graded by Roger Willis
E. Codes Officer: Mayor Hernandez announced the resignation of Mark Plonski as our Code Office effective immediately.
9. Old Business: Motion made by Vice Mayor Carter to approve $50 permit fee for anything in the Code that requires a permit. Second by Commissioner Zander motion passed 3-0
10. New Business
A. Parks and Recreation Appointment: Motion made by Carter to appoint Vickie Gentry as a representative of Park and Rec as a person who can receive digital funds. Seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0
B. Code Officer Appointment: Motion made by Commissioner Zander to appoint Dennis Steele as new Code Officer seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
C. Handyman Appointment: Motion made by Vice Mayor Carter to approve Dennis Steele as the City Handyman with pay at $15.00 per hour seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0
11. Citizen’s Comments: Citizens stated their concerns about several topics
12. Adjourn: Motion made by Vice Mayor Carter, seconded by Commissioner Zander at 5:59p.m.