City Commission Meeting
February 6, 2023
Baneberry City Hall
1. Call to Order: Mayor Hernandez called the meeting to order at 5:00 PM
Prayer Delivered: Vice Mayor Carter delivered the prayer.
Pledge of Allegiance
2. Board Members: Mayor Donna Hernandez
Vice Mayor Tom Carter
Commissioner Gary Zander
3. Approval of Agenda: Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the agenda.
Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
Approval of Minutes: Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the January 9th
Commission meeting minutes. Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
4. Communication from the Mayor: Mayor Hernandez mentioned C.A R.E. Animal Shelter is requesting a donation. The Board
agreed on $500.00.
The mayor said that little is known about the Golf Course sale and until the closing happens, we have no comments.
Mayor Hernandez mentioned the dog park fence will be fixed in the next two weeks.
Communication from City Commissioners: None
Communication from City Manager: Dr. Nuzzi reported the office is busy with people asking for information on property for sale and building in Baneberry.
Consent Agenda: Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the Consent Agenda, Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
A. Second Reading Ordinance Title 5: Municipal Finance and Taxation-Revision
B. Second Reading Ordinance Article XI Board of Zoning Appeals-Revision
C. Second Reading Ordinance Chapter 3 Open Burning-Deletion
D. Second Reading Ordinance Chapter 2 Parks and Recreation Commission-Revision
5. Committee Reports
1. Fire Department: Routine Fire Truck checks have been performed.
2. Planning Committee: Vice Mayor Carter reported they approved one new house for Fred Hanek on St Andrews Dr, a new fence for David Sawyer on Mountain View Lane, and Planning Committee training requirements.
3. Parks and Recreation: Sandy Plonski was absent, but Mayor Hernandez reported they will post a Save The Date list and Mardi Gras event on February 18th
4. Road Commission: Commissioner Zander reported trees have been cleaned up since the tornado and new signs have come in for Hillside Pl and Hazelwood Ct. 5. Codes Officer: Nothing to report.
Old Business: First Responder Dinner moved to February 23, 2023.
Motion made by Commissioner Zander to change the Community Center rental fee to $150.00 for all. Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
New Business: None
6. Citizen’s Comments:
A. Pat Lunsford -Envision Baneberry Plan and Golf Course
B. Carmen Kammann -Golf Course sale
C. Doug Catt -Minimum lot size and open burning
D. Judy Keene -Mowing Golf Course
E. Karl Kammann -Golf Course
F. Craig Murphy-Golf Course
G. Dustin Dustin -Golf Course
H. Julie Rex -Golf Course and new owner
I. Fred Hanek -Golf Course contingencies
J. James Scott -Zoning
K. Dick Smith -Envision Baneberry
L. Beth Sommes -Recycle bins
M. Chris Cummins -Community Center rent
7. Adjournment: Motion made by Vice Mayor Carter, seconded by Commissioner Zander, at 5:50 PM