Baneberry Planning Commission Meeting
March 6, 2023
Baneberry City Hall
1. Call to Order: Mayor Hernandez called the meeting to order at 5:02PM
A. Prayer Delivered: Vice Mayor Carter delivered the prayer
B. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Board Members: Mayor Donna Hernandez
Vice Mayor Tom Carter
Commissioner Gary Zander
3. Approval of Agenda: Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the agenda. Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
4. Approval of Minutes: Vice Mayor Carter made the motion to approve the February 6t h Commission meeting minutes. Seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0
5. Communication from the Mayor: Mayor Hernandez mentioned the dog park fence has been fixed and the recycle bins are back. The mayor said the First Responders Dinner was a big success.
Mayor Hernandez mentioned the closing took place on the golf course and Mr. Keene does not have a plan, but he will come to the meeting when he does have a plan.
Witt Utility building behind the Community Center needs to be cleaned up and the possibility of removing the trees close to the Dog Park.
6. Communication from the City Commissioners: None
7. Communication from the City Manager: Dr. Nuzzi mentioned the need to reread ordinances due to the fact they did not have an Ordinance in place to use a Consent Agenda per the State of Tennessee.
8. Reports from committees:
A. Fire Department: Jay Brombach reported that he has been working at the Fire Station, the need for an active fire department and the need volunteers.
B. Planning Commission: No Planning Meeting this month.
C. Parks and Recreation: Sandy Plonski reported Mardi Gras was successful. She reported several upcoming events, and their next meeting date is March 28th.
D. Road Commission: Commissioner Zander reported new street signs have been put up, stop sign at Lands’ End intersection have been removed, and questioned the need to remove the stop signs on Harrison Ferry Rd. that were used for the Golf Course. Also culvert repairs will begin when weather improves.
E. Codes Officer: Codes Officer not present. No report.
9. Old Business: Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the first reading of Ordinance 2023-007 Title 5: Municipal Finance and Taxation-Revision Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the first reading of Ordinance 2023-008 Article XI Board of Zoning Appeals-Revision Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
Vice Mayor Carter made the motion to approve the first reading of Ordinance 2023-009 Chapter 3 Open Burning-Deletion Seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0
Vice Mayor Carter made the motion to approve the first reading of Ordinance 2023-010 Chapter 2 Parks and Recreation Commission Revision. Seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0
10. New Business: Streetlights will be reorganized to be financially responsible to the city residents.
After a short discussion about storing boats and RVs on empty lots the Commissioners decided to keep the restrictions as stated.
11. Citizen’s Comments:
A. Bob Fandetti – campers on empty lots
B. Tom Garswick – Golf Course sale
C. Dick Smith – Golf Course closing
D. Mark Plonski – Building restrictions
E. Julie Rex – Back Nine Rd repair
F. Jim Idol – Building restrictions
12. Adjourn: Motion made by Vice Mayor Carter, seconded by Commissioner Zander, at 6:11PM