Baneberry City Commission Minutes
April 3, 2023, 5:00 p.m.
Baneberry City Hall
1. Call to Order: Mayor Hernandez called the meeting to order at 6:10PM
A. Prayer: Dr. Deborah Nuzzi delivered the prayer.
B. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
Board Members: Mayor Donna Hernandez
Vice Mayor Tom Carter
Commissioner Gary Zander
3. Approval of Agenda: Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the agenda. Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
4. Approval of Minutes: March 6, 2023, City Commission Meeting: Vice Mayor Carter made the motion to approve the March 6th Commission meeting minutes. Seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0
5. Communication from the Mayor: Mayor Hernandez reported they are working on the budget and the audit is almost complete. The mayor said they have been working with MTAS for help with the budget and roads. The city paid off the balance on the Mixed Drink Re-Payment owed to Jefferson County. The mayor mentioned that our mail-carrier asked that residents pick up their mail regularly.
6. Communication from the City Commissioners: Commissioner Zander said he is working with the County Sheriffs Department for some speed control items.
7. Communication from the City Manager: None
8. Reports from committees:
1. Fire Department: Jay Brombach had to leave early, no report.
2. Planning Committee: Vice Mayor Carter reported that 4 new house plans were submitted. Two approved, third house approved but the detached garage on the plans was tabled for further review and the fourth plan and lot re-platting tabled. A Work Session is planned for April 13, 2023 at S:00p.m.
3. Parks and Recreation: Sandy Plonski reported no events planned for April. May events include Cinco De Mayo, May 13th City Yard sale, and a city clean-up day.
4. Road Commission: Commissioner Zander reported they have been working on tree removal since the storm.
5. Codes Officer: Revisiting old code violations and found 8 properties not in compliance.
9. Old Business:
Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the second reading of Ordinance 2023-007 Title 5: Municipal Finance and Taxation-Revision, seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0 Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the second reading of Ordinance 2023-008 Article XI Board of Zoning Appeals-Revision, seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0 Vice Mayor Carter made the motion to approve the second reading of Ordinance 2023-009 Chapter 3 Open Burning-Deletion, seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0 Vice Mayor Carter made the motion to approve the second reading of Ordinance 2023-010 Chapter 2 Parks and Recreation Commission Revision, seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0
10. New Business:
11. Citizen’s Comments:
A. Dennis Steele – Building standards
B. Tom Garswick – Overgrown lots
Baneberry Planning Commission Minutes
April 3, 2023, 4:30 p.m.
Baneberry City Hall
1. Call to Order: Tom Carter called the meeting to order at 4:33p.m.
2. Roll Call:
Chairman Tom Carter
Vice-Chair Karl Kammann
Mayor Donna Hernandez
3. Approval of Minutes from February 6, 2023: Mayor Hernandez made the motion to approve the February 6th minutes. Seconded by George Davis. Motion passed 6-0
4. Old Business: None
5. New Business:
Motion made by Mayor Hernandez to approve house plans for Jack Wilson and to table the detached garage approval until further review, seconded by Wade Nicely. Motion passed 6-0
Motion made by George Davis, seconded by Karl Kammann to extend Brain Metzger’s pool permit for another 6 months. Motion passed 6-0
Motion made by Karl Kammann, seconded by Mayor Hernandez to approve a new house plan for Darrell Keene on Lot 2157 West Atherton Lane. Motion passed 6-0
Motion made by George Davis, seconded by Gunter Tillmann to approve a new house plan for Darrell Keene on Lot 3 Back Nine Dr. Motion passed 6-0
Re-Plotting of Lot 2164R, West Atherton Lane and new house plans for Lot 2164 West Atherton Lane for Darrell Keene was removed until next meeting.
Discussion about Jim Idol and Larry Morgan’s emails regarding building standards in Baneberry and forming a committee and a special called meeting for April 13, 2023 at 5:OOp.m.
6. Citizen’s Comments:
Mark Plonski, Back Nine Dr.-Building standards change.
Tom Garswick, Pashley Court-Process of change from commercial to residential zoning
Jim Idol, East Atherton Lane-Building standards and building code
Dennis Steele, Back Nine Dr.-Zoning, code and restrictions
Carmen Kammann, West Atherton Lane-The need for unity in Baneberry
Adjourn: Motion made by Wade Nicely, seconded by Mayor Hernandez at 6:05p.m.