Baneberry Planning Commission Meeting
May 8, 2023, 4:30 p.m.
Baneberry City Hall
1. Call to Order: Tom Carter called the meeting to order at 4:34p.m.
2. Board Members: Chairman Tom Carter
Vice-Chair Karl Kammann
Mayor Donna Hernandez
3. Approval of Minutes: Mayor Hernandez made the motion to approve the April 3rd meeting minutes. Seconded by Gunter Tillmann. Motion passed 6-1. Jim Stover abstained.
Mayor Hernandez made the motion to approve the April 22nd workshop minutes. Seconded by Wade Nicely. Motion passed 7-0
4. Old Business: Vice Mayor Carter read the minutes from the April 22nd workshop and noted that the city attorney could not make this month’s meetings but will be available for the June 5th meetings.
6. New Business: Motion made by Karl Kammann to approve the attached garage plan for Jack Wilson seconded by Gunter Tillmann. Motion passed 7-0
Darrell Keene’s new house plan for Lot 2164, West Atherton Lane was postponed until the June meeting due to the uncertainty of the garage door location, room identification and the outside finish material.
Motion made by Karl Kammann to approve the replating of lot 35R for Richard Fifer on Travelers Cove, seconded by George Davis. Motion passed 7-0
Motion made by Mayor Hernandez to approve the replating of lot 963R for Richard Fifer on Iron Gate Dr, seconded by Wade Nicely. Motion passed 7-0
7. Citizen’s Comments: None
8. Adjournment: Motion made by Mayor Hernandez, seconded by Wade Nicely at 4:51p.m.
Baneberry City Commission Meeting
May 8, 2023, 5:00 p.m.
Baneberry City Hall
1. Call to Order: Mayor Hernandez called the meeting to order at 5:06P.M.
A. Prayer: Yvonne Davis delivered the prayer.
B. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Board Members:
Mayor Donna Hernandez
Vice Mayor Tom Carter
Commissioner Gary Zander
3. Approval of Agenda: Commissioner Zander made the motion to approve the agenda. Seconded by Vice Mayor Carter. Motion passed 3-0
4. Approval of Minutes: Vice Mayor Carter made the motion to approve the April 3rd Commission meeting minutes. Seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0
5. Communication from the Mayor: Mayor Hernandez reported trees are being cleaned up from the storm.
6. Communication from the City Commissioners: Commissioner Zander thanked people who helped clean up storm debris.
7. Communication from the City Manager: Dr. Nuzzi thanked citizens for understanding office closures last week, suggested creating a new Baneberry phone directory, mentioned the need for ordinance changes, mentioned Planning Commission training options and upcoming training opportunities in June, suggested a workshop for foundational issues. A workshop was scheduled for June 12th at 5:00p.m.
8. Reports from committees:
a. Fire Department: Jay Brombach reported he has completed his training in Texas.
b. Planning Committee: Vice Mayor Carter reported they approved the attached garage plan for Jack Wilson in Nina Ferry Landing, and the re-plating of Lot 35R on Travelers Cove and Lot 963R on Iron Gate Dr, for Richard Fifer. The approval of new house plans for Darrell Keene on lot 2164 West Atherton Lane was postponed until the June meeting due to uncertainty of garage location and the outside construction material.
c. Parks and Recreation: Sandy Plonski reported Cinco De Mayo was a huge success, they are planning a potluck dinner for May 20th, May 13th city yard sale, and a city clean-up day. Their next meeting will be June 6th at 5:30p.m.
d. Road Commission: Commissioner Zander reported culvert work will begin after storm cleanup.
e. Codes Officer: Dennis Steele was absent, but Dr. Nuzzi reported Mr. Steele has been in touch with Darrell Keene and they are working on getting lots mowed. Mr. Steele is looking into homes in disrepair.
9. Old Business: Mayor Hernandez read the Draft from Mark Plonski’s April 10th roundtable workshop.
10. New Business: The city audit is complete, but the Commissioners would like to see corrections made before approval.
Vice Mayor Carter made the motion to approve the first reading of Ordinance 2023-011 Amending the 2022-2023 Fiscal Year Budget, Budget Amendment #1. Seconded by Commissioner Zander. Motion passed 3-0.
After some discussion on Ordinance 2023-012, the first reading was postponed until the June 5th meeting and a special meeting date was set for June 12th for the second reading.
Discussion on the citizen’s letter regarding the code of ethics lead to Mayor Hernandez and Commissioner Zander determining the ethics complaint had no merit, and they agreed to close the chapter on the ethics review.
11. Citizen’s Comments:
a. Pat Lunsford – Ethics complaint, local taxes, and citizens comments.
b. Jim Idol – Ethics complaint.
c. Carmen Kammann – FY ’24 budget concerns.
12. Adjourn: Motion made by Commissioner Zander, seconded by Vice Mayor Tom Carter, at 6:44p.m.