Minutes of Baneberry City Commission Meeting
Dec 6, 2021, 5 PM
Baneberry City Hall
- Call to Order: Donna Hernandez called the meeting to order at 5 PM.
- The prayer was delivered by Tom Carter
- The pledge of allegiance was done
- Roll Call: The roll call was done by City Manager, Darrell Helton with all members present.
- Approval of Minutes: The minutes of Nov 1, 2021, meeting were approved upon a motion by Tom Carter and a second by Gary Zander and the vote was unanimous.
- Citizens Comments: None
- Communications from Mayor: Mayor Hernandez reported on the appreciation dinner for law enforcement personnel, on Dec 4th. Everyone was pleased with the turnout and Baneberry will plan on having this event on an annual basis.
- Communications from City Commissioners: Commissioner Zander asked the commission to approve a payment to Al Waddell for $5,000.oo. This is to pay for property that the city had to buy due to the location of a road. This happened a while back but somehow has been overlooked so the commission voted to approve this upon a motion by Gary Zander and a second by Tom Carter, and the vote was unanimous.
- Communications from City Manager: The City Manager, Darrell Helton reported that the financials were in the packets the commissioners had received. He thanked the Parks & Recreation Dept for the Christmas decorations they put up at City Hall. He asked that the city commission meeting for January be moved to the 10th of the month to allow for more time to prepare financials. He also reported that John Woods has called and said they had closed on the property that would be requesting annexation and he would be in touch soon. The City Manager told the commission that MTAS had reported that the occupancy tax did not have to go before the general assembly so Baneberry can pass it by ordinance.
- Reports from committees and other officials:
- Fire Department: No report
- Planning Commission: Two new houses were approved
- Mark Plonski
- Scott Johnson
- Parks and Recreation: Sandy Plonski reminded everyone about the golf cart parade.
- Road Commission: No report
- Codes Officer: No Report
- Old Business: None
- New Business: Ben Harris was unable to attend.
- Adjourn: The meeting was adjourned at approximately 6 PM.